Nowadays, VPN services are an important necessity for everyone who uses the Internet. In order to bypass the restrictions imposed on many websites, it is possible to use a VPN service. However, choosing a suitable one is quite difficult as there are many programs today that seem to be reliable. But in this case, Avast VPN has proven itself to be the best choice. But what to do if this service cannot be connected to your device?
Updates and fixing your PC problems
You should update your Avast VPN if you cannot get connected to it. Besides, these updates fix common computer errors, protect you from file losses, malware, hardware failures, and optimizes your computer for maximum performance. Moreover, you can quickly fix the problems with your PC and prevent other programs from appearing with this software:
- Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool for any Windows version.
- Click Start Scan to find Windows registry problems that may cause problems with your PC.
- Choose Fix All to fix all problems.
Changing your VPN location
Avast VPN offers such a function that allows you to select your VPN location in any country. Try to change this location and see if it can work for you:
- Launch Avast SecureLine VPN and select the privacy option on the left side of the screen.
- Click Change Location and select another location that was not previously selected.
Disable your antivirus software.
Your antivirus software can also block your VPN connections, and disabling this before connecting to Avast VPN may solve this problem. Therefore, disable your antivirus program by clicking the icon on its taskbar and selecting the button to disconnect.
Other troubleshooting options
Sometimes it happens when nothing of the above methods can help. In this case, do the following options:
- Make sure that your Internet connection works or not without the VPN. Check also the configuration and settings of your network.
- Try to choose another location and then connect.
- Remove all the existing VPN services on your PC and then use Avast VPN. If possible, reset the device.
- If you use a firewall on your computer, turn it off for a while and read the terms of its use. This may also block the VPN.
- Check if your SecureLine VPN is valid by going to Settings > Subscription > Valid till.
- Check its compatibility with Internet Explorer.
Many users wonder why Avast VPN cannot work sometimes as it is one of the best and well-proven providers. If it’s not possible to connect to the Internet using this VPN, you should fix the problem by using some of the above-mentioned ways.